Question: How to register with EISWiki?
1. click Log in link on the top-right of Main page
2. click Register with EISWiki now!
3. input the information needed in the box and click
4. once your registration finish successfully, then you can go to Login page to login.
5. After logged in, the Edit will appear as a link on the page, click it to start editing EISWiki page
1. click Edit link on the page, you will see the page edit-box
2. There are 4 tabs and 3 buttons helping you to edit page.
3. Click Edit tab, you can ddit page contents in Edit-box
"Save": save your work to the page.
"Preview": preview the page before you save it
"Cancel": cancel your work. No changes will be made to the page
4. Click Attach tab, you can upload your documents such as figure, txt file to the page
5. Click Info tab will tell you the infomation about this page, such as page history (version control), incoming and outgoing links to/from this page, etc. If you want to recover the page to previous version, do it here.
6. Anytime you click Help tab will bring you Wiki (editing) Help page. It is convenient to check the Wiki editing syntax. The help is very useful so please use it frequently!
7. You can choose your editor as you like.
1. Move you mouse pointer over the Quick Navigation box, you will see 4 options:
"Edit": works like View link.
"Clone": works like Edit link. The difference is that Edit link is to edit the exsiting wiki page, but Clone is to make a copy of current page (clone) and edit the new page!
"Find": to find the page in EIS Wiki with specific search string. Search string can be Page Name, word or sentence anywhere on the page. Just use it in straight way.
1. Click Prefs link on wiki page:
2. User Preferences setting window:
warning: not all skins are working well with IE browser! I suggest keeping "PlainValina" skin if you are using IE, otherwise, you may enjoy different styles for EIS Wiki, if you are using Firefox (Desktop resoution 1280x1024 for best view).
Most other settings here are quite simple, just follow the text should be ok.
3. User Profile tab will be useful for you:
"Change Password": you can change your password on this tab. If you want to recover your passwrod please use left menu: "Lost Password" link. You will receive an email from EIS Wiki whcih contains your new random password, if you leave your email address when you register to EIS Wiki.