Question: How to use the edit box?
1. Click the Edit link on the page to display the edit-box page.#
2. There are 4 tabs and 3 buttons to help the user edit the page.#
3. Click the Edit tab to edit page contents in the Edit-box
"Save": save changes made to the page.
"Preview": preview the page before saving it.
"Cancel": cancel all page edits. No changes will be made to the page.
- Use the 'Cancel' button rather than the browser's Back button to leave the Edit page, otherwise page changes won't be discarded!
- If the user attempts to edit a page which is being edited by someone else, a warning message will be displayed informing the user that the page is currently "locked". Don't worry, just take a break, have a cup of tea and try again later. The maximum locking time is 1 hour.
4. Clicking the Attach tab will allow the user to upload documents such as figure and text files to the page
5. Clicking the Info tab will provide the user with information about the current page, such as page history (version control), incoming links and outgoing links which are linking to/from this page, etc.#
Earlier page versions can also be recovered from here.
6. Clicking the Help tab will display the Wiki (editing) Help page, which is useful in checking the Wiki editing syntax.
The Help page is very useful, so please use it frequently!
7. The user has access to a number of Editors. #
8. Change note bar: useful in helping the user keep the track of the page!#
9. Editing Tool bar: nice tools to help the user easily edit page contents!#
10. Find/Replace bar: more information about this feature available on EditPageHelp#
Go back to User Guide